Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Harvey Is Right

I found this link on a site, Thanks Matty!!, and after listening to it about five times, I had to post it here.

http://www.inthelifetv.org/inthelife/outtakes/index.php?oID=4

it is one of the most honest appraisals of the state of Gay society and where the young gay men fit into it.

I have to admit that I welled up a little the first couple of times I listened.

I guess because he makes me feel like he's the father I wish I had. If all older gay men could see things as he does, guys like me would feel alot more a part of things.

Please take the time to listen.

really listen. Turn down the TV and the MP3 player and focus on every word.

You will do all of us a favor if you do.

if anybody knows Harvey, tell him thank you for me, and tell him to drop me a line!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had had someone to look up to. My first relationships, coming out... they would have all been a little easier. I could have used some advice LOL

JUB was my first interaction with a 'gay community' & the people there have helped me tremendously. I wish I had found it sooner.

I think EMPTYCLOSETS.COM could be a great place for young guys to get advice. It's just hard to get more experienced guys to visit there.

Anonymous said...

its sad how accurate that is...
words like 'family' and 'brother' arent a part of the gay communitys vocab anymore
but there is hope

Antares said...

That actor rocks. And his words ring true. How many times have I wished that the people from JUB lived near me?

lezVixen said...

It is very hard being gay to find a community outside of the bar and hookup scene.

I enjoy your blog, you write so well.

I wish that gay men and lesbians who were not into the bar scene had other communities, but I have not been able to have luck in finding them, if they exist.

I mostly spend time with straight friends and family, outside of being with my 'wife'.

Unknown said...

At the risk of stating the very obvious -the internet can be such a very good thing can't it? Thanks for posting the link, Harvey does a great job at delivering a warm and vital message to a somewhat cynical world that doesn't talk about this kind of stuff so much.

Ell