Friday, August 04, 2006

The bombs keep falling in Lebanon and Israel

I feel so powerless

Do they realize that they are all God's children ?

Why have we, as a race and species, lost our humanity?

I hope for a better world, but how will we ever get past the hurt we heap upon each other.

I saw a blind woman being pulled from the wreckage of a collapsed hospital in Lebanon on one channel, and a child crying for her dead father in Tel Aviv on another.


Out of the ruins
Out from the wreckage
Can't make the same mistake this time
We are the children
the last generation
We are the ones they left behind
And I wonder when we are ever gonna change
Living under the fear till nothing else remains
Looking for something we can rely on
There's got to be something better out there
Love and compassion, their day is coming
All else are castles built in the air
And I wonder when we are ever gonna change
Living under the fear till nothing else remains
All the children say
We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome
What do we do with our lives
We leave only a mark
Will our story shine like a life
Or end in the dark
Give it all or nothing
~Tina Turner~

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you .

AndreusThanos said...

Awwe THanks

and you know I love you to...

you have a heart of gold.

and besides....

anyone dedicated to our man Andy R. is good people !!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, some of these images are still fresh in my mind. And its even sadder that such images are so common in the Middle East, but are not covered.

AndreusThanos said...

perhaps when the world learns to value all life, and doesnt consider the politics first things will change.

hugs

Anonymous said...

That doens't seem like it will happen anytime soon, but I'm convinced I'll see drastic changes in humanity in my lifetime. Ideas like that are the only reason I try to stay positive and control the anger that is created by the lack of decency in the world.